
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — Congo on Monday announced the end of an Ebola outbreak that killed 43 people in one of the country's southern provinces, with authorities saying no new confirmed cases had been reported in the past 45 days.
Health Minister Roger Kamba said the 43 deaths were among 53 confirmed cases in the outbreak, which was first announced in September in the Kasai province town of Bulape. He said more than 27,000 people were vaccinated, including 4,000 front-line workers he credited with helping to stem the outbreak.
“Indeed, no new confirmed cases have been recorded for 45 consecutive days," Kamba said in the capital, Kinshasa.
The outbreak in Bulape, which spread to at least four neighboring towns, was the country's 16th since the disease first emerged in the Congo in 1976, and the 7th in Kasai province. The World Health Organization initially faced significant challenges in delivering the vaccine with limited access and scarce funds.
An Ebola outbreak from 2018 to 2020 in eastern Congo killed more than 1,000 people.
The latest outbreak added a fresh layer of worry for the Central African country, which has been battling the M23 rebel group, which launched a rapid assault in January in the eastern region of the country and has since occupied key cities.
latest_posts
- 1
Kiev declares energy emergency after Russian attacks amid winter cold - 2
Manual for Famous people Known for Their Altruistic Endeavors - 3
Yoshi mania, Happy Meals and not-so-great reviews: A small talk guide to 'The Super Mario Galaxy Movie' - 4
A definitive Cruiser Standoff: Decision in favor of Your #1 Ride - 5
When darkness shines: How dark stars could illuminate the early universe
NASA astronauts take new moonsuit for a swim | Space photo of the day for Nov. 28, 2025
Trump signs a law returning whole milk to school lunches
Why this Iranian island looks like Mars after it rains
Shah Capital pushes for Novavax sale, warns of proxy fight
Figure out how to Separate Among Fledgling and Master Fender bender Legal counselors
More charges filed against ex-left-wing RAF member Daniela Klette
NASA's Apollo 8 moonshot saved 1968. Could Artemis 2 do the same in 2026?
The most effective method to Consummate the Specialty of Handshaking in Business and Group environments
The Best Competitors of the 21st Hundred years













